Recently, a long lost ‘friend’ who found me on (guess where?) orkut posted the said comment in my scrapbook. What could he mean by this now?
- Dude, you’ve changed!: The most obvious meaning would refer to the change in one’s physical appearance. Since the said friend saw the last of me five years and fifteen kilos ago, I would (have to) accept his amusement over the change in me.
- Dude, you’ve changed!: The most non-obvious meaning of this statement would be when the said friend is commenting on the recent sex change operation you had.
- Dude, you’ve changed!: This one would come from a betrayed bachpan ka dost who would find disappointment in you because you have started/stopped smoking/drinking/doping/having sex with animals.
- Dude, you’ve changed!: The disheartened bachpan ka dost striking again when you tell him that you dont like Emraan Hashmi and that Pink Floyd is not a condom.
- Dude, you’ve changed!: The long lost friend, after another five years, when he would find my appearance similar to George. (Yes, you can’t handle the truth!)